Who We Are
ExcellED Montessori Plus is a community of educators and thought leaders who are passionate about furthering the early childhood learning. We exist because we feel early childhood education requires disruption and adoption of new, innovative teaching methods that personalize instruction for each child’s 360-degree development.
We’re interested in hiring experienced, Montessori guides, as well as innovative and passionate preschool teachers who are ready to implement dynamic, instructional strategies that will truly meet the needs of each student.
If you are a gifted and passionate educator who is eager to transform the learning experiences for children, this could be a special opportunity for you. At ExcellED Schools, we are not only creating a new preschool, but we are also developing an innovative approach to early childhood education – the ExcellED way. The ExcellED way follows the heart of each individual child. It follows their curiosity, their thirst for discovery, and their quest for fun. So if you are caring, adventurous, and ready for some fun, apply today! We are currently accepting applications from talented educators from traditional and non-traditional programs.
This might be the job for you if…
- You believe children have unique learning needs and you are willing to do whatever is necessary to meet them, including the use of Montessori, Reggio Emilia, technology and/or other strategies.
- You have been wanting to do more for your students.
- You are committed to doing what is best for your students.
- You are a lifelong learner and genuine team member.
- You have an innovative spirit.
- Montessori certification through an AMS, AMI or MCTE Montessori training program preferred.
- At least two years teaching experience preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification and any other health requirements as required by Texas Department of Family and Regulatory Services (DFPS) for licensing and certification.
- Submit necessary and requested documents to complete personnel file, including but not limited to, professional certificates, criminal history check, fingerprints, and affidavit for employment with a child-care facility.
- Complete required continuing education during the year from your hire date. Coursework should reflect the areas required by TX DFPS Minimum Standards.
- Demonstrate competence in written and oral communication.
- Exhibit warm, nurturing responses to child’s observed needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Montessori philosophy and early childhood development and share that knowledge with staff, parents and community.
- Demonstrate ability to provide for children’s developmental, social and emotional needs, based on observations.
- Maintain a positive school environment with parents, staff, and children relationships characterized by mutual respect and good will.
- Be available to assist with occasional support duties, attend and participate in school functions, fundraisers, retreat, and collaborate with colleagues and school leadership in the design and implementation of innovations within the context of the school’s overall program and mission.
- Design the classroom so that it is aesthetically pleasing and has a logical organization of materials/resources/activities, such as by level of difficulty or sequence of skill development.
- Develop, create, and modify materials and lessons that inspire and encourage students to participate in their own education (the “prepared environment”).
- Please submit your resume to email@example.com.